Does this processor work with this motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidWatersUGP

Baseband Member
I know it's sord of a dumb question but I'm tired because, as some of you may know in my previous topic, I found out I had a defective motherboard. Turns out everyone who bought that Motherboard and CPU combo had the same problem! There was a huge return line.

They could not replace it so they gave me store credit for the ammount of the motherboard and CU combo. Because I already own this motherboard (PC-CHIPS M950 / http://www.pcchips.com.tw/PCCWeb/Pr...0&LanID=0&DetailID=234&DetailName=CPU Support)

I used my in store credit from the return to buy a Pentium 3.0Ghz/HT/800FSB/1MB Cache Processer.

The thing is though...right when I came home, I found out the processer was the LGA version, basically one without pins on the bottom! I have to go back yet again and get the PGA version. Will this processor work with this board? I'm pretty sure, I'm just dont wont to go down there and come back and find out that it does not work lol.

Thanks for you help everyone,
David

hes returning the cpu tho, so if he gets a p4c or p4e itl be fine no?

edit: oops, my bad. no the lga wont work with that mobo. u need a 775 socket mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom