Does this processor work with this motherboard? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2004, 09:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to DavidWatersUGP
Default Does this processor work with this motherboard?

I know it's sord of a dumb question but I'm tired because, as some of you may know in my previous topic, I found out I had a defective motherboard. Turns out everyone who bought that Motherboard and CPU combo had the same problem! There was a huge return line.

They could not replace it so they gave me store credit for the ammount of the motherboard and CU combo. Because I already own this motherboard (PC-CHIPS M950 /

I used my in store credit from the return to buy a Pentium 3.0Ghz/HT/800FSB/1MB Cache Processer.

The thing is though...right when I came home, I found out the processer was the LGA version, basically one without pins on the bottom! I have to go back yet again and get the PGA version. Will this processor work with this board? I'm pretty sure, I'm just dont wont to go down there and come back and find out that it does not work lol.

Thanks for you help everyone,

Old 10-10-2004, 11:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Sorry man, thats the wrong mobo you got there

You need an LGA775 for the CPU

<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">Desktop: 3.0ghz HT 800fsb P4, Chaintech 9CJS Zenith, 2x 512mb GEIL Dual Channel DDR400, 80gb 7200rpm ATA HD, Sapphire X800 XT Platinum Edition, Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 THX Speakers, Turbolink 420watt PSU, Black 19\" Orion Monitor, Logitech MX Duo and Win XP Home</marquee>
<marquee scrollamount=4 bgcolor=\"#000000\">My Wishlist: 74gb 10K SATA Western Digital Raptor...</marquee>
Old 10-10-2004, 12:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

hes returning the cpu tho, so if he gets a p4c or p4e itl be fine no?

edit: oops, my bad. no the lga wont work with that mobo. u need a 775 socket mobo
My current specs:
i7 920
Biostar TPower x58
3x2GB g.skill
XFI GTX260 Black Edition
640 WD Caviar Black
Vista Home Premium x64
Closed Thread