Does DELL have a clue? Check this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HAVOC

Fully Optimized
Ok. I was just reading an article on Intels new Dual Core CPU the Pentium 4 EE 840. The article is on http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120264,00.asp

They mentioned how these CPU's are due out in a few weeks and how there are plans by a few PC vendors to use them in there systems.
(DELL) was one that was mentioned. They are planning to use these P4 EE 840's in their new line "Dell Dimension XPS Gen5 gaming PCs".
This makes absolutely no sence to me what so ever. Benchmarks have shown that these new dual core CPU's performance is most noticable in multitasking and multimedia. There is no noticable increase in performance for single applications or "GAMING".

The XPS Gen5 PC is marketed as a "GAMING" PC. Why the hell would "DELL" use this CPU in that system. It just doesn't make sence. I could see using this CPU in a new Dell Media Center PC. This CPU is perfect for Media Center PC's.

I don't know. Correct me if I'm wrong, sometimes I am.

It's all about the marketing these days, ain't it? The bastard who owns DELL is messed up in the head, his mom is probably a monkey. DELL just wants to make money, rip people off and piss of us.

Future games might be coded to take advantage of low level multi-threading.. Maybe they know something we don't .... :freak:

Well in the sense that one processor will be running the backround stuff and the other one will be running the game I guess performance will be improved a little bit. At least I think that's how dual-processors work, correct if wrong.

It's new, it sounds fancy, people only understand high numbers and the word 'Intel Pentium'

Combine ignorance with marketing strategy and throwing out terms dell users don't even understand, especially with something as fancy sounding as a DUAL CORE CPU WITH HT TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! WWAHAHAHHSAHHD!!!!!!!!!!

Then people eat it up thinking it's the bee's knees

Dell knows what they are doing from a marketing stand point to sell computers, nothing more.

i was reading about the new unreal 3 engine and it was saying how it was taking advantage of mutli-threading and such,most for physics i think, of course who knows when that engine will be done, but still theres going to be some games that utilize multi-threading.

Man, what type of game will use multi threading? Some ultra high quality action game that comes with 9 DVD discs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom