Does anyone know anything about this motherboard? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie

Default Does anyone know anything about this motherboard?

I've been looking at an HP computer I recently bought at Fry's. As expected, I found lots of cost cutting in the parts HP used.

I'm not sure about this motherboard though:

ASUS IPIBL-LB

It is mentioned in the internet, but I can't find it for sale anywhere. Is it some kind of just for HP special design?

Thanks.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Does anyone know anything about this motherboard?

ASUS IPIBL-LB

I couldn't find it for sale anywhere else either. If you want the specs though they're in the link above.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 07-07-2009, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to Lexluethar

Since this is a prebuilt system it is very possible that some parts are NOT sold. For a couple of different reasons, main one probably being they don't want people to know some of the exact details about the costs associated with the MB. Usually with some of those prebuilt systems they (as you put it) cheap out on some parts - if they sold those parts you would know they cheaped out. But since they don't sell that MB and specially manufacture it for the use of prebuilt systems you never really know if it is cheap or not.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Triforcer

HP makes a large profit on every computer they sell so assume it would be cheaply made.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Super Techie

Thanks for the info.

Interesting, almost every part in this hp pc so far, except the hard drive, is about half the cost of the parts of my 'basic' homemade computer. I guess their techs know how to get away with some nasty shortcuts. But I would be nervous putting some of those parts in any of my computers, such as their Bestec 250W power supply.
Old 07-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Triforcer

And Hynix RAM. Over the past 2 years I've had to change that crap at least 30 times. It dies right after the HP one year warranty so the consumer is out the money.

Closed Thread