Do Not Buy Alienware!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soloman02 said:
When I finally built it, it went like a breeze. it is only hard if you know absolutely nothing about the inside of a computer.

i was on a forum (like this one) asking 500QPM (questions per minute) while i was putting together my computer and tweaking it lol. but my Dad is 10X more computer-savy than i am really, so for my first build he did almost all the work.:)

I do agree, your very limited with hardware. The only thing custom about Alienwares, is the case. But thats just like any other company. Its alot more fun to pick every single thing out for your computer, then put it all togather. Besides, i wouldent even think about getting something that expensive, witch i could simple built myself for a fraction of the price. No matter how lazy i was.

If someone was lazy and rich buying an alienware would be ok.

However if i was rich, i would build PC's and give them to people for free. It's also the fun of building compputers :)

Alienware is a good company, they have built themselves on a reputation of those who do not know any better, and wnat a cool "name brand" PC. They have some of the best marketing I have ever seen when it comes to selling PCs.

For everyone in this forum, of course we know better, and have our reasons for building our own machines.

Does anyone here need a 45 pound tower to put your components into?

I have an Alienware a customer gave me after I built them a Shuttle. I now use it as an image server for all my system loads.

They are much happier with the Shuttle, and they no longer have to get assistance to get their PC to a LAN party ;)

"If anything serious were to ever happen to your self-built system, such as a harmful virus attack, returning your system to its original settings would become a very difficult and perhaps impossible task."

Holy crap... goes to show that corporations only care about money. It's like they're saying "You're a retarted and insignaficant member of a society that you are designed to rely on, so you will give us money to do this for you," it makes me sick. And Alienware is bullshit pricing all the way. Their cases are 100% gaudy plastic and campy design too, I've had much better cases. My case right now weighs in at very low, it's all aluminum and probably the best case I've ever had. (Antec Super Lanboy)

strine said:
"If anything serious were to ever happen to your self-built system, such as a harmful virus attack, returning your system to its original settings would become a very difficult and perhaps impossible task."

LMAO! let me guess...with an Alienware they magically repair themselves? They offer customer service/repair (provided you are under warranty), but you have to ship it to them and all that and that takes time. I could fix a simple virus problem or "critical error" for free and fast...Alienware is deff not for me.

Alienwares have warranty's and so does the hardware we buy singarly. Either way its the same process. No matter how hard you try, you cant make buying a 6000$ computer you can built yourself for a fraction of the price sound like a good idea.

I dont care what you say about Alienware or Dell ect. All computers are built the same way. Rather Alienware is putting it togather or myself. So im not going to respect some company thats going to charge me a arm and leg for somthing everyone does the same way.

Reasons I choose to build rather than buy:
1. Enjoy it.
2. Wanted to learn more on comps.
3. Cheaper by far.
4. Could pick out what I wanted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom