Do I need to use all 7 screw holes on my motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
I am putting my uncles computer together right now and I have ran into a problem. I have seven screw holes but only six spacers. Do I need to get another spacer or just leave that screw out?
There is hole for a spacer in the case and the letter "M" next to it. The hole that I don't have a spacer for is about 1 and 3/4 inches from another hole if that matters.

It will not cost much to get another so just buy one and put it in. Afterall this is almost like the example below but it's over exagerated.

You take something apart and when you put it back together you find that the thing you took apart and "extra parts" you decide not to put them in and moments latter when you turn the power on it starts smoking....

Tyler1989 said:
It will not cost much to get another so just buy one and put it in. Afterall this is almost like the example below but it's over exagerated.

You take something apart and when you put it back together you find that the thing you took apart and "extra parts" you decide not to put them in and moments latter when you turn the power on it starts smoking....

I HARDLY doubt not having an extra screw would make something do that. The only way it would smoke is if he didn't put the heatsink on.

BTW, your in god shape man. Thats plenty enough.

Ok, is the spacer a required thing for grounding or anything like that. I mean will I have problems without it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom