do i need a new MOBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoinTimeSublime

Baseband Member
i currently have an ASUSTeK Explorer4...
also i don't kno how to make my own computer... so i bought an HP and i really want to upgrade it. I have the a520n... what should i uprade and how much will it cost?

......we need more specs than that...woulda helped if you'd google your own PC and find out all the specs and post em. You shouldn't have bought a pre-built PC from HP or DELL or PeoplePC if you want to upgrade it...usually you gotta contact them for that just so they can throw in their own parts...the BIOS that comes with those computers...have absolutely no options because it isn't meant for users to get into that. I suggest you get the 'Hardware Guide for Dummies' book or something to that effect and start reading up on computers...technically yeah you'd need a new motherboard only to access more options and have more to do with it....but since you don't know how to build a computer......what do you plan on doing?
You need to do some research before you just say 'I got this HP machine...I want to upgrade and how much does it cost' you asked like 20 questions in that one sentence. 512mb RAM is pretty good, but you could use a faster processor I suppose...cause you got a XP 2200+ I believe...

yeah thats perfect....when I did a search on google for a520n made by HP it said it had an athlon xp 2200+ but now that I read it...it says a 2.2GHz XP so yeah...the 3200+ chip...those are fine specs man....you really don't need to upgrade anything. You can get more ram...OR you could get full use out of your processors FSB and get PC3200 RAM OR you could technically have your PC2700 running at PC3200 speeds.....my Samsung 256mb PC2700 speed is combined with my PC3200 Kingston ValueRAM and the bus is running at 2x199 = 398MHz...PC3200 is 400MHz normal and PC2700 is 333MHz normal...and Ihave it set to By SPD so my mobo just decided to overclock the RAM. But yeah your system specs are fine. No real need to upgrade unless you got money to burn...get a good graphics card and make sure your mobo can handle it. At this point your processor and ram are good so yeah getting a nice good user friendly motherboard with lots of options would be nice and change it from a prebuilt HP to a little more custom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom