do i kill a 7950gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not selfish im probably gonna give it to my sibligns for there birthday.im gonna see if i can kill it tonight. my problem is that its a passve heatsink and worcks very very well. but i never put thermal pads on the ram so i might just oc that. http://diy.pconline.com.cn/graphics/reviews/0609/pic/7950gt_xfx_6239_thumb.jpg thats teh card.

edit: why is it when you wana kill somethign it gives you a really hard time, im at 690 on teh core from 550 and 850 on the memory from 700 and no artifacts at all.

Edit#2: well ive successfully killed it, i got it all the way up to 105c for over an horu and still no crash and it still amazingly ran 3dmark 06 with no artifacts so i booted up with out its heatsink on and it shut down right away i put the heat sink back on after the die was cool to the touch. tried booting no post from the gpu. poped in my 8800gts booted up fine. :D now the mysterie of what i will receive.

Yeah cause you paid for a product which works fine.

Its like lets say you had a pc shop right, and you sell a card for a certain price, and this kid comes back saying "oh, i burnt out my gpu, you need to give me another".

either way i got a life time warranty, and its technicaly broken under the terms of warranty. i didnt physicaly damage it, yes it was purpose full but they wont know. so what a million dollar corporation will have to fork out 60/70$ for a replacement card? i guesse it is selfish but i dotn find it wrong. i am giving it to the less fortunate none the less.

That is not honest man... cmon.....

WE need more honest man in this world...

Giving it to his family does not make it right. If they need a better card they should go buy one.

not all of us have the privelage t obe able to go out and buy things my mom being an imigrant adn a single mother is just able to make just enough money to provide for my brothers, where as i live with my dad. ive been screwed over enough in the past with warrantys that i dont see a problem takign advantage of it for once. i had to rma my original 7900gt 3 times before they sent me a 7950gt.

also on a side not i got to run 3dmark 06 at 105 celcius on this gpu with out artifacting i scored 7200 points with it compared to my old 5900/6100. anyway from what i hear they give 8800gts 320mb as a replacement.

After re reading my previous post it didn't come across the way I intended so sorry about that. I just don't think it's right to deliberately kill a card to get it replaced with a better one under any circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom