do i kill a 7950gt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
well i have a 7950gt, and i am looking at maybe killing it, i whent on the xfx site they no longer had it listed for purchase, meaning its discontinued. so if i where to kill it i would get something newer. i dont use this card but it would be a litle nice to have a better back up gpu. i was supose to give it to vern but hes got something much better now i never really had time do do anything this summer working 60+h a week. now that school is back its a diferent story. do i kill the card, and if so how should i go about doing it? rediculous over clock, wrap it in a small towel, also what do you think id get as a sub probably a 8800gs, or 9600gso.

that's a good idea accually. i have a old evga 6800gt do you think they will give me something new if i kill it. and as far as killing it you should try a ridicolus volt mod/overclock. also try running it without a cooler. pour water on it when it's running (j/k).

well i have a 7950gt, and i am looking at maybe killing it, i whent on the xfx site they no longer had it listed for purchase, meaning its discontinued. so if i where to kill it i would get something newer. i dont use this card but it would be a litle nice to have a better back up gpu. i was supose to give it to vern but hes got something much better now i never really had time do do anything this summer working 60+h a week. now that school is back its a diferent story. do i kill the card, and if so how should i go about doing it? rediculous over clock, wrap it in a small towel, also what do you think id get as a sub probably a 8800gs, or 9600gso.

asking on a public site is not the best idea. They may have a lifetime warranty but i am sure if they see you specifically ask how to kill it so you can get something better. The warranty would be void.

that's a good idea accually. i have a old evga 6800gt do you think they will give me something new if i kill it. and as far as killing it you should try a ridicolus volt mod/overclock. also try running it without a cooler. pour water on it when it's running (j/k).

If they find out you modded it, the warranty will be void, most likely.

asking on a public site is not the best idea. They may have a lifetime warranty but i am sure if they see you specifically ask how to kill it so you can get something better. The warranty would be void.

there nto gonan go around to every forum on the itnernet and find me. besides i use my real name when sendign it to them not amd gt player lol. its not liek its an evga card and im asking on the evga forum now that would be stupid.

there nto gonan go around to every forum on the itnernet and find me. besides i use my real name when sendign it to them not amd gt player lol. its not liek its an evga card and im asking on the evga forum now that would be stupid.

Yes but again i am sure their lifetime warranty doesnt cover user stupidity to try and kill the card.

but it does cover overclockign so if i oc it to far they will replace it. if o wraped it in something and it got to hot that would looke like it was over heating for soem reason they wont know what exacly happend to it.

or you could loosen the heat sink and get it to overheat and hope it burns out. but it might shut your pc down first. if your going to wrap it in something wrap it in something like saran wrap and stop the fan.

I am not saying there isnt ways. I am just saying be careful. They would be able to tell if you took the heat sink off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom