Do Extension Wires Exist For The Front Case Cables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
Ive been given the task of fixing a computer that a man stabbed in a drunken rage.

What his attack damaged was the power button on the case. The computer still turns on if i connect the power pins with a screwdriver. I happened to have a very old PC case spare so mounted the motherboard into this. However rather than the usual individual front case cables there is only a pin connector block that has been designed for the original mobo in this case. It is not long enough and the wrong holes are blocked for the mobo im using.

So i am asking, rather than having to get a new case, if there were extension wires for this sort of thing? I reckoned they'd only be a couple of quid if so.

Thanks.

As above they are very easy to extend as they send quite low quality signal over short distances so can take abuse quite well. If you don't have acess to any old cases then hifi wire will work or any other signal wire you have and just cut the middle then extend as needed and solder+insulation tape both ends. There probably commercially available adapters available

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom