Display won't fit to HDTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

foster016

Beta member
I am trying to run dual monitors, my main monitor is my laptop, and my second monitor is my 720p TV. I have my laptop connected via hdmi to a sony ht-ct150 sound bar receiver. The receiver is connected via hdmi to the tv. However, when I get everything up and running, the image on the tv just won't fit right. I've messed around with the resolution settings on my laptop but haven't had any luck. My TV is 4 years old and doesn't have many pictures settings, just cinema, normal, zoom, and wide.

I should probably let you know that when I connect my laptop to the tv directly, the image fits the tv just fine.

Please help me.

If you right click on the desktop and go to screen resolution you should be able to set the resolution for each screen (laptop and TV).

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I've already tried that. Next...

I had a similar problem not too long ago myself. When you say that it won't fit right do you mean that the picture won't stretch to fit the entire screen? As in there is like a black border around it?

If that is the problem, for whatever reason the default setting is scaled to 80%. I don't know what genius thought up that idea. Anyways, the way I fixed it was to open up my GPU settings and go to the monitor and displays tab. There you should be able to find a slider for scale. Move it from 80% to 100% and it'll fit across the whole screen.

If that isn't the problem your having hopefully someone else will be able to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom