Display problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxious

Baseband Member
Not sure if this is right spot to post this but...

Sometimes after my computer is done loading windows the display will turn all gray with dotted lines going down the screen that are spaced apart between solid gray spots, repeating this across the screen. It's right after the loading screen where you login at. Any ideas?

sounds like a video card gone bad or driver problem . Try uninstalling all related drivers to the card and re-install it

Still have this problem, it still every once in a while will look like the picture below, but only after the windows loading screen, when it takes you to the desktop or log in screen. Before that it all looks normal with no problems. Anyone have any idea what the problem could be?

messedup.jpg

If you want to know my specs...

Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe
Asus 9800pro 256mb
AMD Athlon XP barton 2500+
1gb Ram (Dual channel 2x512mb)

maybe your card is overheating or about to go caputz. My GeforceFX 5700 256mb card after two months of having it displayed nothing but lines all across the screen and I'm not 100% sure what happened there. I never overclocked it or anything =/ Then again when my mom first got her flat screen monitor half of it was displaying stripes so she sent it back, got another and this one works fine. What kind of monitor do you have? Could that possibly be going out? What kind of vga card temperatures you got?

since its only after the loading screen..

did u overclock your card?

are u running you monitor out of its Hertz range? ...right click desktop/properties/settings/advanced/monitor, is the "Hide modes this monitor cannot display" checked or unchecked, and are u running it at a high frequency?

The card has done this since day 1 of building my computer, the monitor is a NEC, I have it on 85hz refresh right now but originally it was just on 60. My card temps at idle are CPU 46 and RAM 39. Currently it is flashed to a 9800xt, however. but was doing this from the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom