Disk Drive not Found - Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

hastie1

Beta member
Hi. I have a new Dell Dimension 3000 PC with Windows XP Home. just over a month old. Yesterday I wanted to use my D:/drive for a install. When I tried to open it, nothing happened. I checked to see if it was there and no D:/drive was showing. So I did a re-boot and i got a message come up on start-up that Disk Drive 0 not found. F1 to Continue or F2 to Run Set-up Utility. I hit F2, but am unsure of what to do next. I did look at Disk Drive and it Showed as "Not Installed".
I am unsure of what my next set of actions should be. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

Why don't you open it up and check if the power or IDE cable became loose. Another thing you can do is go into the control panel and go to install a new device.

Thanks for the response. I will try to install new device.

What I don't understand is why does it ask me to go to the set-up utility. I would really like to know how to solve this by doing something in there, but It does not guide me any further on what to do.?
Do I just chnage the disk drive option from "Not Installed" to select 3.5", 1.44mb as that is the only selection and then save changes. But that option does not sound like my CD-ROM Disk Drive.
I have gone into my Control Panel > System > Hardware Device Manager - selected Disk Drive and then checked it's properties and indicates that it is working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom