Disabling single keyboard keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaksback

Fully Optimized
Ok, had to change out keyboards recently and hate this new one cuz the space between the surface of the keys is way too small and my big a$$ fingers keeps hitting adjacent keys. mainly the darned caps-lock key which by the time i lift my head up to see what i was typing i realize its in caps and have to go back and change it.

All i want to do is diasable that capslock key, now if there is no way to do this, its coming apart and i'm poppin that sucker out. I already went into contrtol panel and tried from there.

by the time i lift my head up to see what i was typing i realize its in caps and have to go back and change it.
That's why you learn to look at the screen and type like a madman :D but HMMMMMMMMM ANYWHO to answer your question, I honestly don't know if you can disable just one single key. I say just open your keyboard if you really hate it that much and just pop out the little rubber piece that needs to make the contact and you'll be set.

^^^^^^^^^^^knew you in particular were gonna say that!!!
lol but of course. I was only called out by every TF member anytime I typed a response with only a couple sentences. "HEY NUBIUS DIDN"T WRITE A BOOK THIS TIME!"

Psht, you should see my response to that "motherboard questions" thread lol. Was way longer than I thought.

yeah, well it almost became a frisbee tonite and >>>>>>>whheeeeee>>>>>>>>>
SPLAT

you get the idea....lol

take the cap's button off all together and you wont have that problem.
Yeah but then you have a big gaping hole that looks ugly. Atleast by removing the rubber pad it just looks like it's perma-pressed :p You could always stuff something underneath it if you REALLY cared about looks and wanted it raised.

Here ya go Jak i have the perfect keyboard for ya,for when you have those bad day's:D

Windows2000Keyboard.jpg

There's registry keys involved in removing the functionality (or altering the functionality) of keys set for your keyboard. You'll have to consult with the MS website for them, though, I don't keep that information in my brain.

Anyway, maybe you should look for a bigger keyboard? Especially one that is "natural" instead of the crampt straight ones. I mean, sooner or later, you're gonna want that capslock key.

Just FYI, for instance, the MS-Natural Keyboard has a divit in the capslock key to move it further away from the A key, which is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom