DirectX is GAY

Status
Not open for further replies.
"You TAWK too much..."

Just try to update anything. Infact, Update the drivers of ANY PIECE OF HARWARE IN THE COMPUTER! Please don't argue with me, just do it.

I'm talking the motherboard, CPU drivers, Chipset, GPU, EVERYTHING!

WHAT ARE YOUR SPECS ANYWAY? :cool:

Calzinger, thresholds are maximum for dammage to occur, you still can have problems well below the threshold

And, Calzinger, it sounds like you dont have drivers installed lol

In all honesty, you're the one leading him in the very wrong direction. I would not want to be told that I may need a new GPU because of a fried chipset when that is obviously not the issue, not to mention the constant color change is feeling misleading too.

All I would like to clear up is that if the only problem is running games, then his hardware is most likely perfectly fine.

The best thing to do now though is wait for his reply to see what specs he has.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Calzinger, thresholds are maximum for dammage to occur, you still can have problems well below the threshold
Yes, I know you can still damage your hardware even if you are below the threshold. But if he did damage his hardware, I hardly think he would only have problems opening games.
DJ-CHRIS said:
And, Calzinger, it sounds like you dont have drivers installed lol
Originally posted by Calzinger
I just remembered when I had huge problems doing anything really when I forgot to install the drivers. Scrolling on webpages was very choppy, and games wouldn't even load.

This is def no heating problem nor is it directX. if it IS directX then go to search, dxdiag, and go to the video tab and try the direct3d button to see if it is directX. if it says that there is no rendering device then that means you dont have drivers installed OR your card just plain sux and dosent support direct3d (most PCI cards dont). amd if it isnt running direct3d then why the hell do you guys think its gonna run openGL fine? openGL is more advanced than direct3d and the card has to support one before it supports the other, simple as that.

P.P. Mguire said:
amd if it isnt running direct3d then why the hell do you guys think its gonna run openGL fine? openGL is more advanced than direct3d and the card has to support one before it supports the other, simple as that.

Because my old PC would only run the old CS 1.5 using the OpenGL render. The DirectX renderer never worked for me. That proves your point handily.

Calzinger said:
Because my old PC would only run the old CS 1.5 using the OpenGL render. The DirectX renderer never worked for me. That proves your point handily.

Your old PC probolly didnt support the Direct X rendering CS 1.5 needed

"My hardware hurts..."

Calzinger said:
In all honesty, you're the one leading him in the very wrong direction. I would not want to be told that I may need a new GPU because of a fried chipset when that is obviously not the issue, not to mention the constant color change is feeling misleading too.

All I would like to clear up is that if the only problem is running games, then his hardware is most likely perfectly fine.

The best thing to do now though is wait for his reply to see what specs he has.
Who ever said he had a fried GPU? We're talking about drivers here. Nobody ever said he needed a new Graphics card! :confused:

And for goodnes sake, what makes you think his hardware is fine when it can't even run games?? If he can't run games, that means there's a problem, genius!! :angry: :cool:

Re: "My hardware hurts..."

@DJ-CHRIS
It was running an MX 440, not the greatest of cards obviously. Whenever I tried it in DirectX, it gave me some bogus self-explanatory error about "cannot render". Then when I threw in the FX 5700 LE, it ran fine. I guess obviously a GPU compatability problem.

@ATIRAGEPRO
ATIRAGEPRO said:
Who ever said he had a fried GPU? We're talking about drivers here. Nobody ever said he needed a new Graphics card! :confused:
Originally posted by ATIRAGEPRO
BINGO! I knew this wasn't something with the graphics card. You have some sort of Chipset or Heating problem. Not just the graphics card.

You seem to be a gigantic contradiction. It may be best to actually read/remember what you wrote.

If he has a chipset problem, do you honestly think that only his games would be affected?
If his card was overheating, then he wouldn't be getting these problems. His GPU would simply shut itself off until it cools down, then go back to work.

Originally posted by ATIRAGEPRO
And for goodnes sake, what makes you think his hardware is fine when it can't even run games?? If he can't run games, that means there's a problem, genius!! :angry: :cool:

You are really a piece of work. Before you start off with the sarcastic remarks, you have really contradicted yourself multiple times already. The inability to play games is obviously a problem, but it is unlikely a hardware problem. Keep in mind that the wrong driver is not a hardware problem, but I never thought I would actually be telling someone that. If his hardware was not functioning properly, he wouldn't even be able to double click a game shortcut.

Again, avoid contradicting yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom