Direct3D Games on the putz

Status
Not open for further replies.

fucrate

Beta member
Dont really know if this is in the right place, but ive been having problems with my new system running an athlon XP 2600 processor with three fans two cd-drives, an ati radeon 9600pro on a 300w power supply. Direct3D games i ran would restart the system when i tried to play them, but when i tried a geforce fx 5200 graphix card they just crash to the desktop. I have the latest video drivers and directx 9.0b and the motherboard drivers which came with my asus a7v8x-x motherboard. One of the games i was using to test the problem was RIse of nations which before had crashed seconds after starting the game. I also tested with halflife which works well in openGl but also crashed quickly in Direct3d. I replaced the power supply with a 350w one and now rise of nations will run for a while, once it ran for 20 minutes, freezing three times and then crashing like it did before. Half-life in d3d now runs for a while, but the input of both mouse and keyboard is delayed about half a second like really bad lag, in the single player. Any help at all is welcome.

well some people still have trouble with newer drivers, when i couldn't get sound in one of my games i installed new drivers then i didn't get sound at all.
i rolled back the drivers and the sound worked in the system AND the game

drivers are always picky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom