direct cable transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

budddie

Solid State Member
Does anyone know if direct cable transfer will work from a parallel port on a win95 machine to a USB port on a new machine with XP using some parallel-to-USB adaptor or cable?

Don't you have another post on this . That adapter was $25. Are you just trying to transfer files? You'd be better off buying a $10 nic. Speeds would be much faster any ways.

nic = Network interface card. I actually over guess at $10. Here is one for $4.25.

You will need one in both computers. I am guessing the xp machine already has one but not sure. Then just connect the 2 with a crossover cable and your good. This will be cheaper and WAAAYYYY faster than using some parallel to usb cable.

looks like a regular ethernet card to me.... :umm:
so will any ethernet cable work if you hook it between two ethernet ports in comps?

looks like a regular ethernet card to me....
It is a regular ethernet card...
so will any ethernet cable work if you hook it between two ethernet ports in comps?
No, it needs to be a crossover cable. Although a crossover cable is just a normal ethernet cable with a couple of the wires crossed, so you can make one out of a normal ethernet cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom