Digital Camera Question...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Ok I have the Sony HandyCam, Model: DVR-TRV460 now I bought this a while back, and so far I haven't used it that much. I don't know if you guys could do some research because I don't have a clue... It says it is a Digital Video Camera Recorder, but it records them to a Digital HI-8, (a tape)... but it also has a memory card, for like taking pictures. The pictures suck its like a 640x480 res. MAX and you can also record videos on the memory stick but its HORRIBLE!!!. Anyway I was wondering if its a Digital-8 can I upload the Digital 8 or something to my computer? Because right now all I can put on my computer is the pics or vids off of the memory card but the quality is below worst quality. its terrible.... and help would be greatly appreciated

I've done that at school. You just put it on the VCR mode, push play, and it should upload to your computer. Granted at school, we were using the crappy IMacs, and IMovie, so I don't know what you can use, but I know I've done it, and it should work.

Yes you can upload it.

Your Digital Hi-8 has the exact some resolution quality as a MiniDV or even a DVD camcorder. They all record at 520 Lines of resolution.

You are able to transfer to your computer. There either should be a 1394 Firewire connection someone on that camcorder to plug in to the comp.

PS. You do need a program for the uploading; there are thousands out there. I've had personal experience with Pinnacle Studio 9 -- its seriously the easiest thing I have ever used.

PPS. If you cannot find a 1394 connection on that camcorder you might have to just use a "movie box" -- http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=5870729&type=product&id=1064607747431 -- You just connect the cables that you usually connect to your VCR/TV to play the camcorder; you connect those cables to the back on this box and from there a USB connection from the movie box to your computer will transfer the files from your Cam to PC.

:)

Heyyo,

tox, lol, dude, same with me in tv productions.. lol, oh god rendering those movies took forever...

The kicker is there was final cut pro.. and that seemed to actually work faster, lol. too bad I was used to n00b imovie though. :p

Now, if your comp doesn't have firewire ports, you can always buy those firewire pci cards. cost about $20.

handycams should be firewire, so that movie box stuff shouldn't be necessary.

Your computer doesn't need a firewire port. Just your camera. It should have came with a USB to Firewire cord, so you can plug your camera into your computer. I hope you get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom