Difficulty removing heatsink - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 11-19-2004, 02:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Argilus
Default Difficulty removing heatsink

I've been trying to remove this freaking thing but It's almost near impossible, need to bend up both sides but doing so, I feel that the tention and force I'm using on it is going to crack or snap my mother board. Not sure what to do?

Old 11-19-2004, 03:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

my really old computer the heatsink got stuck to the cpu cos it didnt have n e paste on it...lol i had to yank it out and chisall off the CPU but it still worked!

Old 11-19-2004, 03:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie
Send a message via AIM to Argilus

Well I bought some quick silver because my cpu temp been a little high and when gaming it locks up so, I really need to get this thing taken care of, still looking for AMD site on this,.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Don't suppose you could get a picture can you? Should require only a Flathead screwdrive to put on the side thats closest to the PSU. The best way is to completely remove the motherboard and put it in a well lit area and flat surface so you can work on it easier.

Kinda need a picture of atleast the heatsink you got to get a better idea, but if it's stock heatsink then yeah, Flathead screwdriver...side near PSU, push STRAIGHT down on that beeotch and then push the screwdrive away from you which brings the tip and the clip towards you to unlatch from the 3 little hooks.
Closed Thread