different computer information readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

quiet_rush

Baseband Member
Hello everyone :)

I downloaded CPU-Z a while ago and I just downloaded PC Wizard and I found out that they don't display the same values...

For example,
CPU Temp according to CPU-Z : 32 C
according to PC Wizard : 42 C

12V voltage according to CPU-Z : 16,32 V (???)
according to PC Wizard : 10.46

and PC- Wizard says my CPU is AMD Athlon 64 5000+ (Which I highly doubt :p)

Is there another software of this type so I can see another "point of view" ... maybe If I do an average of each information, it'll give me the right value :D

Fred

Agreed with TMT. You should also have some hardware monitoring software that came with your motherboard, give that a try.

Thanks!...
I've never noticed that a software came with my Motherboard.

:)
Fred

Edit: I have another question now... It says that my CPU's max speed is 2400 MHZ but I've never seen it go over 1800 MHZ... Is this normal? :confused:

What do you mean: 'never seen it"? cpu clock speed should display at boot and then can be checked by entering the CMOS or checking out "system information" in the accessories section of START in XP. ?????

Well, I've been using CPU-Z for a while and it shows the speed of my CPU and I've nevver seen it go over 1803 MHZ
Now that I just installed the software that came with my motherboard, it says Max speed : 2400 MHZ and current speed: 1800MHZ

I just looked at the CPU speed on the "system information" and it is 1802 MHZ.

(It stays at 1800 even if I launch a lot of programs that boost the CPU usage to 100%..)

Shouldn't be able to go at 2400 MHz?

Thanks.
Fred

Is your CPU a 3000+? 3000s run at 1.8GHz stock. The FX-53, 4000+, and 3800+ all run at 2.4GHz.

no, i think its the max speed proc the mobo can take, for example, with my dell mobo and p4 @ 3.00Ghz, it says the max speed is 4Ghz, which doesnt even exist unless you overclock...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom