Difference between Radeon 9700 pro 128mb and Radeon 9700 pro Mobility 128mb?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockey07

Baseband Member
I know the mobile one is for laptops, I'm not stupid, I just want to know if and what are the main differences in performance, graphics, etc in the two cards...

nvalhalla said:
Tell ya what. Tom's hardware guide did a good review of the 9700 mobile when it came out. check it out here http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040203/index.html
It's the fastest mobile, faster than a 9600 desktop, bout equal to a 5700 ultra, and almost as fast as a 9600XT

Holy crap, are you serious!!??

That impresses me greatly, especially since my desktop has a 9600XT in it.

A little bitty laptop crushing my desktop.....not fair!

Laptops are set to replace desktops;)

The Dell Inspiron notebook is actually faster than most desktops:p

Especially the new inspiron XPS. This laptop is supposed to be the best laptop on the market for gamming. Although im sure its fast and all, this thing is huge and probably weighs 10 lbs and has a battery life of 45 minutes which totally defeates the purpose of a laptop. Until laptops can get the performace of a desktop and still have the expandability with the same prices, which will never happen, i wont be using a laptop for gamming. The laptop will have to surpass the desktop in all of its glory, being able to be light and powerful and still keep its battery life is something that will be a very very difficult task, and if they do it its going to cost you a right thumb and left index finger to have this technology. :)

Thanks, now to check out that page..

Hey, funny, because the laptop that Im thinking about with the 9700 pro mobile is the Inspiron 9100 :p

There's not much of a difference between the XPS and the 9100 other than different warrentees and with the XPS the graphics card can be replaced for free with any other card youve bought, i believe once... But the 9700pro is nice enough! :) And the fastest so I dont really know, lol, whats to be upgraded.. A few other minor differences but thats it

EDIT: Oh and btw, dont see how you say the XPS gets 45 minutes of battery time when gaming...That 9700 mobility review says that the inspiron 8600, worse than the xps obviously, gets 86 mins on battery while gaming..

Does the XPS really cut it down that much to 45? cant be 45...must be a bit more

ThirtySixBelow said:
Especially the new inspiron XPS. This laptop is supposed to be the best laptop on the market for gamming. Although im sure its fast and all, this thing is huge and probably weighs 10 lbs and has a battery life of 45 minutes which totally defeates the purpose of a laptop. Until laptops can get the performace of a desktop and still have the expandability with the same prices, which will never happen, i wont be using a laptop for gamming. The laptop will have to surpass the desktop in all of its glory, being able to be light and powerful and still keep its battery life is something that will be a very very difficult task, and if they do it its going to cost you a right thumb and left index finger to have this technology. :)

Ya, that's pretty much the same reason I don't want a laptop for gaming. Althoug they are good, the battery life is so pathetic that, for me, it would be a waste.

Also, desktops are GENERALLY cheaper, so that is just another fact that shows desktops are probably best for gaming things.

But laptops are always good if you travel alot and go long distances. If you buy a car adapter, you could play for as long as the car/vehicle/whatever is on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom