Difference between DFI nF4 SLI-DR, and UT version??

Status
Not open for further replies.

YanBooth

Daemon Poster
What is the difference between the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-DR and the DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR
Does one have UV reactive plastic or something?

Thanks for reading & helping'

Yan N. Booth

I asked the same question in a different thread, about the same board, and never got an answer. I think it is the way you enable/disable SLi. Rather than there being a physical chip on the board, you do it through the BIOS. Thats what I'm led to believe. other than that, they are exactly the same.

man where do you wind up getting this kind of info Him......

The difference is in the setup of the bandwidth. Ultra-D uses 16x/2x in it's two slots compared to SLI using 8x/8x which basically means it's equal bandwidth per card.

You can mod your Ultra-D to be a SLI board, it'll be recognized as such and will offer some performance gain, but it still won't technically be SLI because of the way the bandwidth is dispersed.

SLI is enabled or disabled the same way....using 16 jumpers between the two PCI-E slots.

Don't know about the UT board though haven't looked at it really....what I was describing was Ultra-D and SLI differences

The UT boards are UV reactive, meaning the pretty little colours will glow with a UV cathode. Apart from that, they are both exactly the same thing, except the UT is cheaper for some bizzare reason.

edit - it even answers your question on newegg guys

To the confused folks, the UT series has the "UV Sensitive Illuminated System" which makes the PCB glow under cold cathode lights.

OK, I went into research mode...
boxbackshowoff4fy.jpg
that is a box shot from DFI for the non UT version, and it says UT on it. I am guessing the UT is cheaper, and is more well known for the UV, and has less accesories, so the average nerd can have a pimp looking computer, while not paying a ton...

Anyone have another reason to doubt this?

OK, thats it, going to XtremeSystems, and PM some random high poster with the SLI-DR...

YNB

I mean, why would all the UV glowing extra crap come with it???

I will tell you what my PM results in...

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom