Dieing Videocard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm pci cards suffer gread disadvantages... well if ur spending so much money on a new gpu then could u just wait on the gaming a month and buyy a new mobo, cpu, and video card all together?.. im sure ud enjoy that (even if it means u have to wait for it) more than using an old pci card lol

beedubaya said:
Give me some PC parts..."PCPartsforevery1" :p :D :cool:

its pcparts4every1...and give hell..you got money..and im the cheapest around..tell me what you need/want..and if you want new or used..ive already made $13.85 off this website last night..LOL

And for some reason it's saying my video card is on the PCI bus 1 where as I have it in AGP slot 1 and nothing in PCI slot 1?!?!
Ahhhh yes.....I think I may know your problem now. What kind of motherboard do you have? It sounds like you didn't install the drivers for the AGP slot....the drivers are either called Drivers for AGP 3.0 or 4 in 1 drivers for via chipsets or sometimes GART drivers also. All depends on the maker of your board and that good stuff. You need to install the drivers for your AGP slot for it to work like an AGP slot.

Yeah I actually re-installed the 4-1 Drivers with the AGP 3.0 last night and so far I'm not having problems. Though before I had reformatted I had the AGP 3.0 drivers but I was still getting the same kind of problems. Maybe I have to re-install them every now and then because of corruption...?

Well all I can say is that I once formatted and completely installed all my drivers......or so I thought...and wound up accidentally not installing the AGP 3.0 slot drivers somehow...I think it's cause I thought it was for onboard video or something and clicked no to not install it....but no you shouldn't have to keep re-installing. Problem seems to have been fixed, let us know if it reappears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom