Dieing Video Card Or Hard Drive??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oaffy

Solid State Member
I have a PNY Nvidia ti 4200 video card, good card, but i think it is going bad. I am starting to get pixilation on my monitors; ex: the backgound will get some of the pixels mixed up, the green will be blue and the will be green, but only in a few spots. When i take a window and move it over it it fixes the problem. But the spots will return, not in the same postion. The only trick is when i do a print screen the spots show up on the pic. so I am thinking that my HD could be going bad and need to be replaced. Onther reason that i think that is the HD is that when i run Linux, (most of the time) I have no issues.

Any other test that i can run to tell what is wrong??

It might be a display driver issue.

Print Screen doesn't capture physical screen defects (Bad Pixels or discolored areas of the screen).

If you are getting the imperfections in the screenshot, it is probably software related.

It strated haping a week ago so i re installed windows Xp and the latest Nvidia Drivers. And i have alomost nothing runing on my windows drive and i am getting the pxile's. do you think i need a new HD? would a bad hard drive make the screen do that?

BTW: it is a 40 BG maxtor 7200 hard drive about 4-5 years old.

I have never heard of a bad hard drive affecting the video resolution in that way... Just for the heck of it, try re-seating your vid card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom