Did Something Stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim19067

Solid State Member
Hey guys i did somethin stupid. I got a laptop last christmas a compaq presario r3000. Ihv been tryin to keep it in really good condition cuz i really messed up my last computer. So i decided not to download any media crap such as kazza and limewire. Well somehow I got major spyware and it wouldnt go away. I got adaware and used it everyday and it found 100s of stuf each scan. Besides the spyware my computer was running fine . bUT i thought the best thing to do was to take my starter xp disc and install that and delete everything that i had on my computer. Now I realize that probally wasnt the best thing to do. Now my computer skips alot with graphics like when i scroll down on a webpage and stuff. And it also has no sound. It beeps where the sound should be. For example when i get an instant message on aim it beeps where that like starburts sound thing is. I can still use my laptop if i adjust my graphic accelerater to none when before it was on max. If this helps I looked in device manager and everything under other devices have yellow question marks. These devices are: Multimedia Audio controller, Network controller, PCI Modem, SM Bus Controller, and Video Controller (VGA compatible). So u guys know what i can do??? Thanks

first run windows update, download all the stuff,
then get the appropriate graphics driver www.nvidia.com or www.ati.com usually
also if the sound still doesn't work after windows update get the sound card driver, based on what the card is under dxdiag or hardware monitor

also good to have on your machine are spybot s&d, spywareblaster,spywareguard, and NOD32 is a good antivirus program

Your laptop should have a drivers cd use that and the question marks will go away.If you lost the cd go to the manufactures website and look 4 the drivers.

P.S Welcome to TF

Im having a problem. I know I have an ATI mobility Radeon 9000 IGP driver because i still have the sticker on my laptop. Im having trouble finding the right driver. I picked Hydravision because it said Radeon driver for mobile devices but that didnt work. I get this error. "This messsage has appeared to inform you that Hydravision will only run when an ATI display driver is loaded. An ATI display driver is not currently dected on your system." What should I o?

You need to install the video drivers and sound card drivers to get the skipping to stop and the sound working again.

Im having trouble finding the right driver to install. On my laptop theres a sticker that says graphics by ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 igp. I assume that is the driver im lookin to download, correct?

Ok i did that and went to install it and a message popped up and said this. "Thanl you for your interest in ATI but unfortunately this cannot be installed on your system. Please contact your notebook manufacturer for driver updates."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom