Did lightning strike my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy at my local computer store proved that the PSU is bad. Hopefully installing a new one will fix it. He said the mobo showed no signs of damage.

Rofl thats so weird.. you guys are gonna think this is a lie but its not. We had a bad bad thunderstorm a few weeks ago. i guess lightning stuck a powerline or somthing and i swear to god, lightning came out of my speaker like i could see it liek flash out of one of my speakers.. It was nuts i got sooo scared lol. Good thing i have a wireless mouse and keyboard or else i may of gotten shocked :p

Wow Monster00 that is scary, Did it fry your speakers and/ or your computer. I think that the PSU is fried and its just not producing enough power to power everything up..

James

I replaced the power supply and still no computer. I took it into a repair shop and found out the mobo is damaged. So I guess thats it for that computer. Its an HP, so it would be less work to just build a new one than to try to change out the mobo.

lmao... Monster00, "good thing u have a wireless keyboard n mouse" thats a funny one to me.. i guess it was a good thing!! lol

beedubaya - i think it might have fried some other parts too.. did u check all ur parts.. harddrive, CPU, everything.. cuz that sounds kinda weird!

I don't have extra hdds, cpus, and memory to check. It would be less trouble to build a new one, which I am going to do for my family. HP's suck anyway, so I don't want to put more money into this than I absolutely have to.

2.- to beedubaya- didnt he say the computer was off durring the storm? theres no way ur comp can get fried wen its off.... unless mayb, just mayb.. your ina old house(1800s/early1900s) sorta like i am, except without the wirering upto date. u know the wiring, were instead of grounding threw a breaker just starts frying instead... so it grounded threw ur comp instead lol

Please do not insult others on this forum. Respect other members and their opinions as they may or may not have PC knowledge thats equal to yours. Thanks!===MicroBell

Yea, I am in an old 1900s farm house - the reason I can't get cable or dsl. There is a good chance thats what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom