Did a good deal pass me up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
no as well, as 9200 can be bought for same price, and also, PNY = ????

home made PC cards, get dead in a day, who knows. so if i would haven been in ur place, I'll be hapy at ur position.

as I have a rule (should be applicable to every body) , in PC hardware, do not try saving money, u save money, you lose something big.

I'm glad I didn't get it, but I'm confused. It has better benchmarks than a 9200, and is cheaper. How is it a bad deal?

Bad deal = PNY = unknown to me atleast

9200 is somewhat better,, as 9200 was introduced in 2003, with DX 9.0 Support

while Ti4200 was i thikn Late 2001's technology. although it might be faster. still older, as 9700PRO is still well known card.

PNY is anything but unknown. PNY memory, for example. Go to any electronics store and chances are PNY's one of the sticks they carry. But for video cards, I'm not sure how they stack up. Either way, you may have saved a few bucks, but you're better off with the comparable ATI

PNY is a mojor Nvidia card manufactor, I had a few of their cards in the past:confused:

But as he said, the technology on that card is way outdated, you would be better served saving up alittle more:confused:

I'd hate to disagree with the majority but number 1, PNY is fairly well known. This IS a good budget card and not a bad price. It ranks up there with a radeon 9500 (NOT SE, but the next one... junst normal one I guess...). So in other words its a good price and not a bad card and a known manufacturer. However if you plan to update again, just save the money. If you cant afford it OR this will suit you fine, then unfortunatley u did miss a good deal, but I'm sure you can find one again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom