DFI SLI Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many sites but this is the one i got the pics from
Link

Here are the different types of boards.

attachment.php

P.P. Mguire said:
Holy Shiza! Wow im gonna sell my NEO2 PE board now lol! im deff getting one of these instead and a 3500+!!! Oh btw do yall think i should get 2 new video cards or keep the one i have ?

you cant use that vid card

hmm wish I knew German. But that is a damn impressive board- dual gigabit, SLI, 10 USB, 7.1 audio, correct me if im wrong but it looks like 8 SATA slots?? And this may be a dumb question but it looks like theres a Molex going into the mobo, what is that for?

Yes, 8 SATA.
The Molex is extra power for the SLI cards, as they use up a TON of power...
Yan

understandable, but most cards these days require at least one molex themselves dont they? And I realize there are cards that do not, but im asking whether in THAT case it would be necessary, ie- does simply having an additional g-card require more power despite whether the cards have their own power or not, ....hmm thats a dumb question... ofc it would. nvmd

the 6800 series need at least a 480 watt PSU as far as I know, and they both hog two molex connections...
Yan

YanBooth is right the molex connecotr on the board is ment for giving power to the PCI-E slots to run SLI.

Aslo this board might range into the $300 range to $400.
But so far from what ive seen there seems to be a bit of confussion on the prices.

Ok some more pics

DFI-SLI-DR-boite2.jpg

DFI-SLI-DR-boite.jpg

370mhz :eek: 1:1
DFI-chipset-FSB370.jpg

Neosteve

Not that it really matters because if you're going to spend $300-400 on a mobo you know what youre gonna get and if its good, but their packaging doesnt instill me with a lot of confidence. Its too flashy and.. childish. Its fine to make the mobo with bright colors but dont make me think im buyin a 400 dollar toy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom