DFI Nf3 Socket939 AGP is upon us! - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2005, 03:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via AIM to DJ-CHRIS

They make lots of board's with AGP slots

Just not for AMD SKT 939

Old 06-13-2005, 03:44 PM   #32 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: DFI Nf3 Socket939 AGP is upon us!

Quote:
Originally posted by Nubius
Specs are up on DFI site basically making it official:

http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_pro...YPE=LP&SITE=US

This site already has it up as a product, but not quite actually in stock:

http://www.nintek.com.au/x/scripts/p...idProduct=1848

Mmmmm delicious can't wait. Angry Games over at www.dfi-street.com is a mod that works for DFI....he basically is one of a couple people who always gets the boards first to test with and whatnot.....he suspected this monday it should be in his posession and then places like newegg will have it soon after.....and here my friend was saying it'd never happen muahahahahaha

Can't wait.....I want to let a couple days go by after it comes out though so some reviews can be made, and if any bugs will be found, those kinds of things......either way it looks like I'll be having one very soon
Sorry for being such a noob, but what is so great about this mobo??? I meen it sues Nforce 3 isnt that the older chipset (to Nforce 4) and AGP, i thought it was best to go with the PCI-E becouse of its use with future applications?

Old 06-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by dhw200
trust me, i know what its like charles. Until just about 1.5 years ago, i was using a 433mhz celeron w/ 64MB of RAM and 16MB of integrated gfx
Im sitting on a great system and all, but the memory and **** sucks plus when i install anything on it like drivers they all go corrupt, especially my ATI drivers......
Old 06-13-2005, 03:57 PM   #34 (permalink)
Master Techie

Default Re: Re: DFI Nf3 Socket939 AGP is upon us!

Quote:
Originally posted by ki9090
Sorry for being such a noob, but what is so great about this mobo??? I meen it sues Nforce 3 isnt that the older chipset (to Nforce 4) and AGP, i thought it was best to go with the PCI-E becouse of its use with future applications?
the DFI lanparty mobos are the best around because of their overclocking options. they overclock like there is no tomorrow, and shame even the MSI Neo mobos.

as for AGp/PCIE, if u r building a new rig altogether, then yes PCIE is the way to go. however, if u have an AGP 6800 GT, there is no real point switiching over to PCIE just yet. when u go PCIE, u need to get a compatible video card and a 24 pin PSU. this is a way of saving money until PCIE becomes necessary, which it isnt ATM

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 06-13-2005, 03:59 PM   #35 (permalink)
Lord Techie

If it kicks a MSI boards ***, then that company is the Anti-Christ, just joking, but really if anyone can afford a DFI board get it and nothing else, 2nd option is MSI.
Old 06-13-2005, 04:34 PM   #36 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

That's why I decided to hold off on the MSI Neo2 plat and I'm glad I did, only has 2.85 vdimm and can be very buggy at times, and it turns out the DFI is coming out sooner than I had expected.

Just checked out dfi-street.... Angry Games has a board being shipped to him for testing, it'll probably be in his posession around wednesday or thursday, so hopefully within the week newegg will have it and some info will be out on it and I can pick one up, finish my case mod and get that venice goin

Closed Thread