DFI Nf3 Socket939 AGP is upon us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nubius didnt call me out for saying this would never happen...
I don't even remember you saying it wouldn't.....I have a friend here in town that kept saying it would never happen and he's the one who I'm gonna be throwing this in his face.

Anywho, no I won't be buying this board the day it becomes available.......trust me I really want to, however, it's best to give it a couple days, if not a week or more (week would be the absolute longest I'd wait) and see if theres any bugs or anything like that with the board.....I WILL get this board, but it wont be on the day it comes out. I'm going to wait at the very least for Angry Games and R_Gone at dfi-street.com to have the board in their hands, and do some experiments and such on it....

The MSI Neo2 Plat has been the nf3 socket 939 OC'ing king this whole time, but DFI will easily dethrone them......the MSI neo2 plat is pretty good don't get me wrong, but it's also very buggy......and has a mere 2.85 Dimm voltage option.......WEAK I tells ya.....with my TCCD and Brainpower PCB RAM using 3v even I believe I'll be able to hit 275MHz :D

Now I just gotta hope I got a lucky venice and will be able to OC that puppy to atleast 2.8GHz

Don't you dare get your Athlon 64 up before me Nubioso. :p
oh I'm doin it! WATCH OUT NOW! :D

o, and remember to take some screenies and post em one u do OC the hell out of ur comp!

I would think of doing no less :D

Chances are I'll be too lazy to do the whole CPU-Z verified thing, but yeah if people don't believe me that's fine with me........but hell that's only on the assumption that it's a GOOD overclock.....

2.8GHz venice with my RAM running at 275MHz is my goal....then anything beyond that is just icing on the cake :)

keyword 'SHOULD' lol.....that encompasses all kinds of things happening....it's all about luck of the draw....but considering I've seen a few 3GHz with an XP90 air cooling solution, water should be no probs getting it up that high.......just gotta make sure I got a good CPU and I'll be set.

dhw200 said:
a 3000+/3200+ venice should reach 2.8ghz without breaking a sweat
I read a review in which they couldn't overclock their 3200+ Venice past 2.4ghz and have it run stable. Some say that the Winchesters overclock better than the Venice's despite running a bit warmer.

Dale, thats nonsense. Its a proven fact Venice are AMD64 best OC. To be honest Nubius, i think at this moment i would rather have a 3200 Venice then my clawhammer. I just hope when i get my WCS finished, with a few extra tricks im going to throw in. I'll be able to hit 3.0ghz. Then i'll be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom