DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way - Page 8 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 04:28 PM   #71 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

The board just arrived today

I got a lot of stuff I gotta do though...draining the water loop will be one of the more fun highlights of the day =/ But then I gotta remove all the components so I can drill a hole for the T-line and properly mount that, then drill holes in the bottom of my case to properly mount the pump since right now it's just with zipties lol....plus I gotta go out today and get something for fathers day, so we'll just see how far along I actually get in the process of putting it all together and whatnot

Old 06-17-2005, 04:31 PM   #72 (permalink)
Monster Techie

That's the board I am gettin within a few..

Old 06-17-2005, 04:40 PM   #73 (permalink)

be warned, it's a BRAND new freakin board, which means it'll be prone to a lot of little bugs and instabilities.....I don't think anyone at DFI-street has had one just plug in and reach greatness....the BIOS seems to be a little bit quirky and hopefully the next BIOS revision will fix this, but the main point is you will need patience.
Old 06-17-2005, 06:47 PM   #74 (permalink)
Master Techie

When do u think the new bios will be released? Also, out of simple curiosity, when u flash ur bios to update it, what are the chances of critical failure?

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 06-17-2005, 06:56 PM   #75 (permalink)
Build Guru

have fun man and good luck w/ your new board. at least somebody gets one around here that deserves it.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:03 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
When do u think the new bios will be released? Also, out of simple curiosity, when u flash ur bios to update it, what are the chances of critical failure?
Hope one is released freakin soon....I don't know if I'll be able to even have a proper OC'ing contest with gaara since if you go to dfi-street a lot of people are encounterting weird options...predominately voltage and SATA controllers it seems....regarding BIOS flashing, as long as you have the right BIOS and you aren't trying to do it during a lightning storm which might risk your computer shutting off then there should never be anything to worry about.....if you're halfway through BIOS flashing and your computer shuts down say hello to your new paperweight

Quote:
have fun man and good luck w/ your new board.
I'll need a helluva lot of luck....don't know if fun will ever come into play

As I said in another thread...in my excitement to get this board I forgot to buy more tubing for my WC setup, so I'm gonna have to basically pray that the current tubing will still work.

EDIT: I'll get some pics in a few.
Old 06-17-2005, 07:14 PM   #77 (permalink)

Theres really no point of a lot of pics, so I only got one of the board...theres a standard DFI box (duh ) 3 yellow *** round cables, 2 ide, 1 floppy, 2 yellow *** SATA cables, and your normal drivers etc...etc....

I'm gonna be taking my aftermarket chipset cooler off my NF7-S and seeing if theres enough room to throw it on the chipset in this one...gotta put my 6800GT in there and then see if it'll fit
Old 06-17-2005, 07:41 PM   #78 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Sweet! Why is the CMOS battery black?

Quote:
Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:19 PM   #79 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Hmmm looks totally different from mine, no microsinks on that thing anywhere and the chipset cooler is totally different. Your aftermarket should be able to fit on since it's a lot further away from the AGP slot than the nf4 is to the PCI-E. The DIMM slots are a lot tighter together too and the colours are arranged different, plus you still have the ghetto I/O ports it seems. The SATA 3 and 4 position is retarded though. =/

yeah I got a paypal account

Quote:
Gaara's on his 3rd CPU because the first two were dead.....3rd times the charm right gaara?
It had best be or I might throw a bit of a tantrum.
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB / eVGA 6800GS 256MB
150GB Raptor / 74GB Raptor
2x500GB / 320GB
OCZ GameXStreme 850w / OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Old 06-17-2005, 10:03 PM   #80 (permalink)
Master Techie

what the hell is that, the dimms are two identical colors right after the other? i thought they were always supposed to alternate. Whatever, still works

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"http://www.srsyo.org/tfsearch.php\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Closed Thread