DFI NF3 Skt939 AGP is on it's way - Page 11 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 08:59 PM   #101 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
at least you got a core that works. =/
This is true.....I've seen one person at dfi-street who has 280x10 with his venice 3200+, the RAM isn't running 1:1 though, but I think he's been able to get the highest successful OC as of yet....honestly, I'm afraid to even touch the BIOS because a lot of people are saying it's just being finicky as hell and really sensitive to small changes and I don't feel like crawling in and resetting the CMOS every 5 mins.....I can't decide whether to tinker with it a little or just wait until the beta BIOS comes out which RGone (another DFI rep) says it should be somewhat soon

Old 06-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #102 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Nubius,

How's this MOBO treating you? Is it all that you ever dreamed of?

Old 06-20-2005, 08:34 PM   #103 (permalink)

Well it's fine for stock

I've been reluctant to OC as of yet, because the temp isn't all that accurate, and the voltages aren't accurate either, so I was planning on waiting until the next BIOS revision to really start making this venice cry....

However, I did find an interesting note that apparently nf3 chipset and the 6800's dont get a long..........on my XP system (as you can see in my sig) the 6800GT had no problems running at 430/1150, however on this board I'm limited to 420/1125.....any higher and 3dmark will hang during parts of the tests which will result in a ridiculously low score...

I may add a little voltage to the chipset later to see if this helps the problem but I doubt it honestly....plus I'll need to get one of my 40CFM 60mm fans blowing on the chipset for a little extra cooling before I do that.

Other than that it's good Nice to have the AMD64 going.........

The memory efficiency via a Sandra test is only like 73% though, that is pretty bad.....also the board defaults my RAM to 2T command rate....apparently this board is picky with 1T and windows dun like it....that's others experiences, I have yet to personally try it though......

I will be making another thread in the future after a BIOS release and OC'ing of course
Old 06-21-2005, 01:59 AM   #104 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Yeah, that sounds a little fishy... Hopefully that BIOS revision fixes those things... That board has a lot of potential.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:40 AM   #105 (permalink)

Yeah it's just like the Nf4 though....it was kind of whack when it first came out, just like anything else and now look at it....highly reveared OC'ing board.

Running my venice at 2.2GHz right now and I'll probably stop for tonight once I hit 2.3GHz

Damn OC'ing bug got me so I had to try it even though I know it could be potentially risky muahahaha

Closed Thread