DFI LanParty USB drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
now that i've fallen for it and i can't find any clear documentation that came with my motherboard that states this i'll say it out loud. DO NOT INSTALL THE USB DRIVERS ON THE CD IF YOUR OS IS NEWER THAN 2K SP4!!!

http://us.dfi.com.tw/Support/mb_faq_us1.jsp?FAQ_ID=3716&PAGE_TYPE=US&SITE=US

i suppose someone has already pointed this out but i can't believe this didn't warrant adding a note anywhere in the packaging

for anyone interested i found a real solution and i'm amazed DFI didn't figure it out :). if you make the same mistake as i did your usb will show up as 2 different host controllers. if you expand the two controllers and look at the properties of the top device in each, then have a look at driver details. one will say "windows xp publisher" as driver publisher and the other will say something like "OCW". simply uninstall the one labelled OCW and it should revert to the windows XP driver.

Everytime i would install the USB 2.0 drivers i would get a blue screen in the middle of it :)

I then installed SP2 and the USB drivers wouldnt work, and i had to reformat because it would say NEW HARDWARE FOUND USB DRIVER OR OSMETHING and then blue screen.

So im just sticking with SP1 and only thing i installed from the mobo cd was lan drivers lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom