DFI LanPart What one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBebop26

In Runtime
I don't know what DFI LanParty Motherboard to get, the DFI Lanparty NF4 UT SLI-DR or the DFI Lanparty NF4 SLI-D? I am going with an Athlon 64 4000+ and 1gig of DDR Patriot ram, SLI mode is going to be two eVGA 6800gt. Basicly what one is better?

-Ryan

Are you sure you don't mean the Ultra-D? I could've sworn DFI only had one SLI board, the SLI-DR, and the Ultra-D was single PCI-E. Although the Ultra-D you can mod pretty easily into a 16x/2x SLI board if you wanted to.

They are both about the same, if you wanted to save some money I'd buy the Ultra and just mod it, but as far as performance goes the 8x/8x has its up and downs and the 16x/2x has its ups and downs.

Well the SLI-DR is better

The only thing it has over the SLI-D is some diagnostic part built in... or something like that

Could you explain the difference between them? They both have SLI technologies it says, what is this8x/8x and 16x/2x?

-Ryan

Ah, I've just looked and there is infact an SLI-D, but I really don't think it's as good as the DR since it hasn't gotten much exposure and I haven't seen anyone using one, so yeah.

Ignore my above post, I'm refering to an Ultra D which is technically a normal PCI-E board that can be modded into an SLI board.

That doesnt include the bridge, and it can just be modded into an SLI-D not a DR

SLI-DR has built in diagnostics just compare them on DFI site

Well looking on Nvidia's site it says it is an SLI ready board, here is the link. And where I'm ordering it from it comes with the bridge... Am I missing something here?

-Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom