Detecting my USB flash memory in Windows 2000 NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikelvi

Beta member
Hello,

I´m having problems by detecting my USB memory flash (Gygabite) in windows 2000 NT (that is in a red installation).

The machine has 4 USB ports, not high speed. On the other hand the memory flash is high speed.

What you can tell about this?

Thanks,

Hrm....i take it it's not USB 2.0 because that's High Speed and the Flash Memory is 2.0. Well, is the Flash Memory compatable with your USB speed? Try taking out the Flash Memory and cleaning it with some alcohol or something. There may be some dust or something on it causing it to not read the card.

The memory flash is high speed 'cause when I plugged it to my mahine under windows XP, it bring a massage saying I was installing the memory in a high speed port. And yes, the memory works very good under Windows XP.

On the other hand, the memory is completely clean and ports are ready. I only have three days with it.

Thank you a lot

PD: sorry if I get you confused while I'm writing. I am dominican and I'm in a low grade learning english, but I can understand.

put in the usb flash and go to your device manager (right click "my computer" , then go to properities, then go to the hardware tab and device manager is in there)
see if windows reconizes it in there.

if there is a yellow ? then go into it's properites and follow the steps to load a driver for it. your going to need your 2000 cd rom most likely.

my friend had a problem like this with my flash when i brought it over and we had to install drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom