Desktop in a Mobile?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Aright....it's known that you can put the 35w 2400+ XP-M in your desktop computer for good overclocks and whatnot....but is that backwards compatible? Can you put the 2400+ XP in a notebook? Or would people advise against it, because I think my 2400+ runs kind of hot as it is...when I had only stock HSF with no fans and just the side open in my case I had temps of 64C idle......so in the notebook especially when gaming it seems like the temps would be insane...I can already feel hot ass air coming out when my friends playing a game on it from the vent near the graphics card....

The reason I ask is cause my moms laptop (the one I'm having to use right now since my computer case is all sliced up at the moment :D ) has the 2400+ XP in it......muahahhaha so I'd like to pull the ole switcheroo if I could....but I'm thinking heat would be too much of an issue...not to mention the wattage would be nearly double....

anyone elses thoughts?

yeah, i would say that the XP2400+ would be run far too hot to be anywhere near compatible with a laptop. it would be nice to see how far you could push the Mobile 2400+ though... when is your mum out next?.... hehe.

when is your mum out next?....
not long enough for me to flee the country lol....she'd kill me if she thought I was messing around with the innards of her laptop...but it....has that.....oh so precious......2400+ XP-M =P I think next month I'm gonna get the ABit NF7-S2G and the month after that get the processor, I got to get my dad a birthday gift so I don't want to buy both at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom