desktop, laptop, and PDA? help pls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

briant28

Beta member
hi all! i'm new here and already have a question :) i have an old dell desktop computer and would like to know if i need to replace it with a laptop instead. what are the features in desktop or laptop? how do they differ from each other? i need to get familiarize with this and do a research before i buy a computer. i'm also thinking of buying a pda for my gf and probably myself :) is it worth it? what are the advantages/disadvantages of a pda? thanks in advance!!!

As far as the difference between a desktop and a laptop, you need to ask yourself 2 questions.

First, what am I going to use this computer for?

If you're thinking about doing some heave load applications like Picture editing, movie editing, gaming, heaving data processing or anything that would put demand on the computer, then you would want to go with a desktop.

On the other hand, if you're a buisnessman/woman and are going to be traveling a lot and would like to do some of your work during flights or the like, then a laptop would be a better choice.

For this part, it comes down to how, when and where you would use your new computer.

Secondly, how much money am I willing to spend?

Latop computer are quite a bit more expensive than their equivalent desktop conterparts. On average a decent latop is going to range from $1500-$2000 whereas the same desktop will range from $800-1400.

Overall, you just need to sit down and do some thinking about the monetary issues, and the usage you want out of a new computer to decide what you're going to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom