Dell optiplex gx620

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreylb94

Beta member
I have a dell optiplex gx620, and dell claims that with the cord It came with I can hook up 2 monitors, and have a multiple monitor split. The adapter splits from a dvi port on the desktop to one vga screen and one dvi screen... I only have 2 vga screens though... How can I hook up both monitors to the one dvi port? I have dell optiplex gx620 ultra small form factor computer.

You have one VGA port, unless you have a video card in there. One source only. IIRC, there were y-cables, but I think those were for mirroring the monitors.

Most dell Optiplex's have video card with them when they were sold from dell to companies. I have about 450 of them sitting in my basements, its just how they configure them. A DVI Y adapter will let you extend the monitors like you want to... BUT I am pretty sure you can't do it to VGA monitors. eg. a dvi to vga converter on the desktop then hooking up a vga y spliter to your monitors wont work.

Buying a real cheap PCI video card... like a 20 dollar one will let you hook up one monitor to each graphics card and have them show up extended. And no they don't have to match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom