Dell offer, good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeh

In Runtime
I just recieved a page of deals from DELL through my letterbox, and this one caught my eye, (instead of me typing the details, here they are on the DELL site)

Find a Notebook, Desktop, Server, Printer, Software, Service or Monitor at Dell.

(First one on the list: Dimension E521, it's £249, will probs be a bit higher with VAT and delivery as they're excluded from the price)

P.S - my couson is looking at buying a desktop pc not me

Thank yooou

X2 3600, 17" LCD, 1 gig dual channel 533 MHz, 250 gig SATA HD, onboard 6150 graphics, DVD-RW, 3 year on-site service, no speakers.

Drop the service to Collect & Return (saves £84). A better deal, but not super.

If your cousin is just looking for a rig to use for the internet and office stuff, it will work. the monitor is a bit small, and the options it gives for them suck. For the extra dough, he could up the CPU and RAM, and then add in a graphics card (probably have to replace the PSU, as it will be 300W or so).

Best bet is to build one. You'll come out paying a little more, but it will be well worth it. Dell cripples stuff on their builds to save money, and, to me, the extra few bucks are worth it.

I used to buy dell's faithfully... but building computers is like smack. its addictive.. and once you start building them you will never go back to pre-builts because you save yourself money.. you can get more power for your money if you build one.

You can't beat £300 when building it with windows and screen incl. VAT ex. delivery. It's up to you whether you want to get it. I personally would ask around schools and look on ebay for a basic PC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom