dell mobo compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hi, I have a dell dimension 4100(4 years old in early june, still white case models) I need a new case as mine is pretty crappy on the inside, I'm looking for something mid to full tower, i need 4 - 6 internal 3.5 bays for HDDs, 2 external 3.5 bays and 2 - 3 external 5.25 bays, i dont need anything too fancy, nor do i want anything crappy, and i dont want to spend a lot of money on it, i dont need a look thru panel, i dont need a light, i dont need anything making it look REALLY powerful, i just need a case, I just want to make sure it's compatible with my motherboard, it has the following specs

Pentium 3 1 GHz
2 SDRAM DIMM slots
2 standard IDE channels
1 standard floppy channel
ATX
1 AGP
5 PCI
0 ISA

any help greatly appreciated, thanks

Get a atx case that takes your fancy, get a pencil, get a drill. Take out the motherboard tray on the new case, mark where the holes on the motherboard will be on the motherboard tray, put the motherboard back in a anti static bag. Get a drill and make the holes.

Sorry, but dell's don't use a standard case form (atx or at, depending on how old it is)

They also use a different PSU pinout so you will have to use the old PSU and hopefully you can make it fit.

you're serious they use a different pin out?, they really go thru all that trouble JUST so u buy their parts?, that is moronic.

Even if you drill it, a standoff will not exactly fit.

And to replace a propertiary dell POS's parts, it's cheaper to build your own PC basicly.

Yeah, they go thru all that trouble. You should request a name change from delldude4100 as well, since dell are morons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom