dell dimension 2350

Status
Not open for further replies.

boomer

Baseband Member
Hi guys i need some more help,I have a couple of pc`s and one of them I use for a server for teamspeak and games and so forth,and that is all it is used for.The one that I use for a server is a dell dimension 2350,it has onboard everything of course(lol).Now I would like to ask a couple of questions,1st what kind of pci card can I add to this pc for better graphics than the intel extreme (lol what a joke)that is onboard.I know that alot of people have had a lot of problems with setting a pci card up in this pc.Does anyone have any experience with this.What kind of card will work?And 2nd ,canI add a sound card to this pc ,well will it take any added stress off of the cpu by doing this,if it will it would be worth it i guess to do so.Thank you in advance
boomer

OLDER graphics cards as well are in PCI, which will to some extent bring some performance boost over this condition as adding graphic card on a integrated board brings benefits in 2 ways mainly:

1: free up CPU, as in integrated case, CPU has to do most of the work of graphic processing.

2: free up RAM as well, as in integrated case, VGA shares system RAM.

although you can only find significant perfeomance boost sa in case you have AGP slot, which dell dimension 2350 hasnt.

I've seen GeForce FX 5200 PCI and Radeon 9200 and 9600 PCI Cards. They range in $100-$160 or so. Upgrading to any of these (the Radeon 9600 is the best of them) will free up CPU and RAM usage, just like Blind_Arrow said.

yes thnx guys but the mobo is very (picky) it will only take certain cards and what I need to know is if anyone has aded a pci card to this perticular mobo (pc) and how and what they had to do,although i should probably ebay the mobo and start over lol.

I dont think 9600 and 9200 coming in PCI versions sa well, better is to EBAY the Mobo and get a new one. at least you'll be available with AGP slot, means bigger horizon of choosing graphic cards rather than buying PCI's only (lower chips)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom