Is Dell a Deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bethanybaldwin

Solid State Member
I am considering a Dell Inspiron 6000 notebook with the following components. Any advice on whether this is a deal or not, or if you have any knowledge of this or other Dell products, I'd love to hear about 'em.

*Intel® Pentium® M Processor 750 (1.86 GHz/2MB Cache/533MHz FSB)
*Microsoft® Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
*Remote Control for Windows XP Media Center Edition
*15.4 inch UltraSharp WSXGA+ LCD Panel
*1GB DDR2 SDRAM 2 Dimms
*128MB ATI's Mobility® Radeon™ x300
*Free Upgrade to 80GB Hard Drive - $300 Value
*AC adapter - 65w, 19.5v (I assume that I need this to run my laptop without the battery?)
*Devices 256MB Dell™ USB Memory Key
*Integrated 10/100 Network Card and Modem
*8x CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) with double-layer write capability
*Intel® PRO/Wireless 2915 Internal Wireless (802.11 a/b/g, 54Mbps)
*Battery 9-cell Lithium Ion Battery (80 WHr)
*1 Yr Return-to-Depot Service with CompleteCare
*Free 720 Dell Printer

With applic. Can. taxes = $3049.80

I can't find a well known computer company (ex. Toshiba/Viao/ etc) that offers 1GB RAM at any lower price with same options.

Thanx!:)

Is that Canadian dollars? IF so, how much would that be american. I think it's above $2000 USD, so the answer would be no.

Mostly for speed when working with digital photos/video editing of home movies...basically super-multi tasking. They say you need @ least 512 to run with new and updating windows and I want to keep the notebook for awhile - isn't it smart to spend a little extra $$ and get the 1GB RAM or no?

Check out something like Alienware or ibuypower.com

They have good deals and fully customizable, and more then likely much better prices. I purchased from ibuypower.com and had awesome results and a great price. Beat dell by almost 500.00 bucks with better parts.

Colin8503 said:
Check out something like Alienware or ibuypower.com

They have good deals and fully customizable, and more then likely much better prices. I purchased from ibuypower.com and had awesome results and a great price. Beat dell by almost 500.00 bucks with better parts.

Yeah, choose Ibuypower if you want your pc to come dead.

Choose alienware if you plan on spending an extra 1000 dollars ++ because they are a rip off!

IMB is the way to go, my dad has one and it's excellent quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom