Dell 8600

Status
Not open for further replies.

oaktree5489

Baseband Member
I have some questions for anyone thats has a dell 8600 or someone that is closely familiar with one. Here Goes

-First the one thing i would really like to know is how the display resolution affects the visual effect. Now i'm planning to have this thing for a while so i want to get the best display possible. If i get the WUXGA display (1920 x 1200) and i know the text is gonna be real small can i make it smaller without compensating for quality? Like say i want to change it to that native resolution for the WSXGA (1680 x 1050) will that make the dispaly blurry? If so i think i may step down to the WSXGA.

-Thats really all the questions (1) i have so if anyone just wants to give me their opinion on this particuar system (excluding the crappy tech support dell posseses, i've heard enough of that and by the way i can fix by own problems that don't include missing parts or broken components) it will be gratly appreciated.

Thanks for the help

i dont know if it would make it blurry but if ur doing imaging or something that would be awesome and i'd kill to have that reso...but if ur doing text that would be really hard to read unless ur 2 inches away from the screen but that increases ur risk of cancer unless u have something other than CRT.

oh, sorry i forgot about that one. Lol thanks for the reply it helped alot. But i kinda want to get a dell because i've seen some of their products and i'm sure they are very good. And it will become blurry? I'm sure you know more tham me so ur probably right. I might so with the WSXGA res unless i see for myself that if the WUXGA won't become blurry when reduced. I know someone with a dell inspriron 1100 (i think that's the right model) and i'll ask them if i can look at the un-native res and see what happens.
Thanks for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom