Dell 1100 resolution problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugly JC

Solid State Member
I'm posting this for my bro who is having a nightmare with his Inspiron Laptop. The screen resolution is "fixed" i.e. going below the native 1024x768 creates a black border. Dell say there is no fix but I have read otherwise, with several people saying they cured it without being clear how. He's installed the latest drivers for his Integrated 845 and there is now an option for "Enable Full Screen (No Border)". But checking this makes no difference, though I have seen that sort the problem on another Dell laptop. One concern is that after uninstalling the previous 845 drivers the laptop, upon rebooting automatically installs display drivers with no option to stop it, even booting in safe mode.

Anyone out there had/fixed this problem?

Many thanks for reading.

I had an HP laptop with ATI's IGP345 chipset and I just clicked the one full screen display box under the ATI toolbar and it made the lower resolutions full screen.. Before clicking it, games like starcraft were it this little box in the middle of screen. The reason for the box, is because if you go below the native resolution of the screen it looks like crap... Did you try the dell customer service?

Dell customer service say this problem is unfixable. But I read a guy's customer review of the exact Dell machine who said that downloading the latest drivers cured this. The original Intel drivers did not have the Full Screen Checkbox option, but the ones my bro downloaded do. But checking the box does nothing. Which is whiy I am thinking they are maybe not installed correctly.

Thanks for the reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom