Deliberating...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadeth2

Daemon Poster
Guys, should I go Abit AG8 (915P Chipset) + DDR500 (Kingmax Hardcore) or should I go Abit AA8-Duramax (925X Chipset) + DDR2-533 (Kingston ValueRAM)? Why?

Please take into consideration:
1. 915P is slower than 925X
2. DDR has better timings than DDR2
3. AG8 costs less than AA8

Go with the AG-8 thats what i have it is alot cheaper buy it at mwave and search for the $10 off $100 and get it for $128 with shipping.The AG-8 is a great board but you can only use 400mhz ddr non ecc i have read many reviews on the AG-8 and it comes out on top of the AA8 by a little, it is also great for OC.I know you will see the AG-8v DO NOT GET THIS

My specs
ABIT AG-8
Radeon x800xt
1024mb DDR
Diabolic minotaur case
3.0ghz p4
western digital 200gb 7200rpm

Neither. AMD Athlon 64.
Very contructive, especially considering you don't even know what the primary uses of the computer will be.

What are the differences on cost? I would recommend going the ddr2 route, but I tend to keep my PC's a LONG time and want to be able to future proof as much as possible. In the short term, I don't think there is a really big performance difference either way.

PS: As said below, if you go ddr, there is realy no reason going ddr500, I would just get ddr400. That will put it at 1:1 with fsb and presumably better timings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom