Deleting a Windows Partition Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cajete

In Runtime
I had just recently purchased a new hardrive. I installed it onto my computer but ran across some conflicts which led to me installing Windows twice. In doing so, i seemed to have created another "Partition" they call it. I have two OS on my hardrive.... Which is NOT what I want. I know that to delete one of those I have to get to the Recovery Console on the installation CD. That takes me to a Command Prompt, Which from there I have no clue what the commands are to begin the deletion of that second OS i don't want.

I'm using Windows Xp BTW .... Anyone have an ideas, tips, clues, anything?..... ;)

if your creating a new single partition make sure that you format again once you have recreated your single partition.

umm, well seeing that you will prolly create a new single partition and format, you wont have that problem anymore

reinstall xp.. When it prompts you to format or leave disk the same you want to format with ntfs quick. That will take care of your problems. If you have an additional windows installation on the other drive, simply format the other drive while in windows. If you're having problems with the bootloader screen coming up and prompting you with 2 different versions of windows xp heres what you need to do...

right click on my computer left click properties

under the advanced table click settings under start up and recovery

UNcheck the following line under that menu

"Time to display list of operating systems"

click ok, apply and reboot to see if it still does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom