Deleting a Partition.... ?????? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATIRAGEPRO

Daemon Poster
I was trying to reformat my HD a few minutes ago with my Windows 2000 Pro OEM CD, when i came across an option that asked me if I wanted to delete a partition. I currently have 2 partitions in my comp:

1. RAGEPRO (D: ) 4.80gb <--(Main)
2. NO-LABEL (C: ) 1.70gb

Now, if i chose the option to delete the smaller partition, would that erase that portion of the disk? and if so, how can i link the two partitions to become just one? :confused: ... :cool:

Well, you need partition magic to resize a partition, but since you are reformatting, just delete both partitions and create on that spans your whole HDD.

Nah.. windows will do it ... just delete both of them, then go to create partition.. then choose create main partition and make active (or something similar) then it will ask you what size, and by default it will have the entire HDD's size displayed, just choose that, and it will format the entire HDD make it one whole partition and make it active.

You should be able to delete a partition using PartitionMagic. If not, I know that you will be able to at least resize the partition.

-Dan The Man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom