Deleted display driver -- no monitor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

imagasman

Beta member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really goofed! I bought a graphics card to improve the performance of my kids' computer. The vague instructions said to delete graphics utilities associated with the old graphics card so, foolish me, I deleted the nVidea display driver. Now, I turn on the computer to install the new software for the new graphics card and the monitor is blank. As soon as I saw it I realized what I had done. I already tried putting the bootable DVD in the drive and restarting the computer -- no joy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated for my one-month-out-of-warranty computer.

Hook it back up to the onboard graphics, set it up, then install the card.

Deleting the onboard's driver is not a problem, as Windows will put a generic driver with it.

i errased my post by accident, so here we go

Hammer the f8 key until you get a screen with a bunch of boot choices. Select safe mode and try to install the drivers

I hit the F8 key and only got a beep. Repeated hits gave repeated beeps. This is not looking good!

I didn't remove any of the cables in the machine. I tried to get to bios by hitting the delete key while booting up but, again, the screen remained black.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom