Decyption Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrAzY_GaMeR_07

Daemon Poster
I used a program called "program locker" to "hide" or decrypt files.

I accidently decyrpted my stoarage hdd, with all my downloads, music, and pictures......

I can "un decyrpt" because when clicked, it says its not acessible because of it being decyrpted....

ideas?

I used a program called "program locker" to "hide" or decrypt files.

That doesn't make any sense. "Hiding" is the same as "encrypting" - not decrypting.

When you have some data, using a secret key (which you presumably have), you can encrypt the data so that no one can access it without decrypting it first.

If you encrypt it, but forget your password, assuming you use a "good algorithm", there is little chance of you getting the data back "IF your secret key is long". If your secret key is not long, you might be able to brute force the key to decrypt the data.

Provide more details?

I used a program called "folder locker" to "hide" and accidently encyrpted my slave hdd....

I know the password, but when i click it to "decrypt" it says its not acessible....

I have some mp3 files on the drive, and used foobar2000 and the play fine.

IDEaS?

i used to use that program, i think if you go into folder options and make it so you can view protected operating system files and hidden files it will let you see and edit them.

however if i remember correctly when done this way they come up with gibberish as their filenames like 2eafboa7sdha823b9 or something with a crazy extension, you can simply open with whatever you suspect it is (say mp3 you go open with media player) and see what it is and rename it back to what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom