The death of the transistor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah.. hehe. Man, I can't even imagine what kindda games they will have in like 10 years. How realistic can u make this shit? :D

10 years from now computers are just going to be insane and then we will be talking about the good old days LOL :laughing:

There are multiple studies going on, each one amiming at killing the transistor.

It might possibly be the most gunned after technology currently existing.

I actually posted an article regarding that cross bar latch quite some time ago.........think I had the same thread title too lol....anywho, it definitely is crazy, I just hope there isn't a ton of different options like 'Choose crossbar latch technology!" "nah use human brain cell technology" and then we got all these choices of things to pick, we just need a standardized awsome way of gaining those higher speeds.....but yeah I can't even imagine the next 5 years in gaming muchless 10 lol

lol Yeah man. So many choices. I was reading Mark Cuban's blog the other day (Dallas Mavs guy) and he was complaining how Desktops are getting boring:

"Could the PC desktop be any more boring these days? Could it be any more emblematic of a mature product?

Sure, HP, Dell, IBM, Gateway are trying to liven it up. The hard drives are bigger and faster. THere is more memory. The graphics cards can do more. The industry tried to juice the PC by coming up with a faster, better express slot on the motherboard, but next to nobody is even using it!

About the only thing even resembling anything fun is coming from Modders. Typically gamers who are putting flames on funky case designs and bumping processor speeds."

If he wasn't a billionaire, I'd swear he was on drugs :mad: .. You don't have to be a modder/overclocker to realize all the different options you have. Sure, back in the day everything had to be an add-on card and such. But there are so many more different cool technologies now, I don't know where he's coming from. And buddy is knocking down PCI Express, but it'll be pretty mainstream in another 1 1/2 years or so I'd say.

EDIT:

As for gaming, I have a feeling we'll move away from the 2D screens - well eventually. I think virtual reality on a desktop will be the future. Can u imagine the "feeling" of jumping from platform to ledges over lava carrying a rail gun trying to frag that annoying bastard that u always hated?.. :D

charles_scott said:
God i cant wait for games like that, or where you can actully perform every movement.... That would be fun....

Yeah i'd kick some major @$$ than, gamers could be athletic :p

If we were to peform every move, we would be extremly fit and do alot of @$$ kicking.

I can hear them saying "dont hurt me you l33t gamer"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom